Thursday, February 14, 2008

Chocolate without sex...


So i got tired of looking a picture of Eli Manning celebrating, as i'm sure you did. Eagles fans can only find exictement for a crosstown rival when they take out the jaugernaut.
For the female audience...

SPORTS TALK OVER:

And so begins where I write about cute stuff thats real, or at least stuff that really happens.
So i was in Albertsons tonight, and i proceded to the checkout and met a woman by the name of Gloria. Older, had that Sally Jesse Rafael look to her, ruby red nails and lips to match, the whole bit. As standard procedure suggests, i asked her how her night was going, she proceded to tell me what is NOW the quote of Valentines 08'.

"I'm doing great, ya know what hunnie, i got chocolate and flowers all day from men all shapes and sizes and ya know what...i didn't have to sleep with none of em'"

WOW, my reaction exactly.

I know your thinking that I walked away saying, "yea, this would be a good topic to talk about via blog" and i agree what that assumption... it is a good topic. And heres why.
This town and this country and this culture is built around the idea of WHAT THE HELL DO I GET OUT OF IT? And yes, it comes with that attitude and "HELL" included. All too often, giving becomes a flex of our biceps instead of a flex of our true hearts. 

Ulterior motives are key ingredients to the American diet, and i'm tired of that being on the menu. Can I just suggest real quick that we find a way THROUGH these motives to a safer and more economically sound place. A place where we do to do, we think to think, we run to run, we LOVE to LOVE.

I think thats all for now. Feedback is always welcomed, check out this song too. Let me just suggest that if your reading this, and you happen to be a female, this song is for you. You are a pretty girl. Until the sun comes up.

SL

(actually u can find the song on the youtube part on the side)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sean, there should be more guys like you in the world. I still enjoy reading your thoughts very much. I see the passion...keep it up. love you tons....