Friday, August 22, 2008

Where the light is...

So i've been meaning to write this for quite some time now and it's finally ready, maybe, maybe not. But now seems like a good time to "launch".

This isn't about the hook of a song or a sweet music DVD that somehow found a way to combine phenomenal musical prowess with attractive and dramatic cinematography. This is about a fundamental concept of "the light", and all that is "good".

In saying "keep me where the light is" we somehow infer that because of the hopeful light, we are somehow running from something that is hopeless. It's the Yin to the Yang. For every failure there is a success. For every step backward, there is a step forward. But, however, challenge yourself to pray, beg, plead, hope that somehow, you can stay where that light is.

We all make mistakes. We always will. I always will. This is not to say "oh well, it's natural for me to trip up and fall short of my expectations, so i guess i won't expect better of myself" (for the Paul people in the crowd, you know what i'm talking about.) EXPECT BETTER, YOU CAN DO BETTER.

This is not your reaffirmation, this is you call. Better is your future.

So think about your light. Think about THE light. Think about what it is that makes your goals, "your goals". What are your true motivations? I know I don't ask myself what my motivations are near enough but it brings me back to the importance of the light.

My prayer is stay where that light is. This isn't hopeless or helpless. It is however hopeful and humble.

Keep me, come on, please, please, keep me where the light is.


SL

No comments: