Saturday, December 13, 2008

Radio got my heart...

So since I have listeners, I guess I should speak more often.

Some weird things go down in hotels.

Tonight, I'm stranded in a lil Hyatt Place in Atlanta, Georgia because, well fate knows me better. Fate knew I needed this and fate made me late to Atlanta so fate could show me what fate has in store for me. (btw: the word fate in the previous statement can easily be substituted with the word God)

So here I am, 3:56 in the am, deliriously, tirelessly, endlessly writing something that may not make any sense even after reading it back tomorrow morning but heres the tagline to remember:

WEIRD THINGS GO DOWN WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF OUTSIDE YOUR ELEMENT

I've spent the last 3 years an counting in Malibu, California, and I feel no more creative power than I do, right now in this cozy hotel room, somewhere in Atlanta. This room is showing me what it feels like to be on my own and scared as hell. This room is showing me what to do when all I have is the clothes on my back, and a courtesy toothbrush in my pocket. This room is showing me what temptation looks like. This room is showing me what faith and perseverance can be. This room...

I just got done playing my guitar (thank God she was on my back for the whole adventure) for the last 3 hours and never before have I felt more comfortable on my own. Never before have I felt more loved then this moment right now. (thats a thank you to a one lindsay jernigan)


Alright, wow, i got carried away. I hope this is entertaining to read. But most of all, I hope you find the power in the room you are in right now.


thanks,

SL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the thoughts. Very nice.