Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It Might Get Loud



As an introduction, i'm not used to writing in crowded coffee shops with the prospect of people seeing over my shoulder, so it might not be completely transparent. Ah screw it, i'll let it fly.

The night is spiritual, as is the morning, as is the overcast day. Granted, I can see the prototypical Southern California day in my mind and without any reservation, God is there, I know he is, its quite obvious when you see Lisa Frank dolphins jumping from the depths of the water into the overbearing sunlight through the sparkling, effervescent water. But to see Him reveled in the drab, misunderstood faculties of life is vital to understanding oneself.

I don't think you have to expect the best all the time. Even when you feel like a funky cloud is surrounding you, (Think Eeyore, storm cloud following him everywhere he goes) just keep swimming. I will contest to being in a funk myself. It sucks not having a job. It sucks being in a new city and having long days filled with endless job searches and guitar licks (the later has been kinda nice). But ya know what?

Its awesome having a mom who supports me.
Its awesome having the freedom to run at 5 in the morning because I can't sleep.
Its awesome trying to write the song no one has written.
Its awesome amping up my body and writing my hand off. (And I don't do it enough so if you read this, text me right NOW and force me to write)
Its awesome being creative.


Had to write, it hurt to hold this in. Find your rainy day. Time to leave this over caffeinated room and head back to those six strings.

My Sweet Lord- George Harrison

Thanks ya'll, turn it up.

SL

No comments: